Tampa Bay Water Softeners
Water Softeners can greatly improve Tampa Bay homes and businesses that receive water with too many minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Hard water can cause problems because soap does not dissolve easily leading to:
- Less effective washing in washing machine and dishwasher
- Lime scale build up that clogs pipes and reduces the efficiency of water heaters
- White coating on shower doors and around faucets.
- Damage to household laundry machines
- Widespread inefficiencies in large scale industrial boilers and other heaters.
You can get testing kits to confirm but generally these signs are enough to know you have hard water. All the minerals causing the problems are also building up on your body and in your hair and clothes from repeated cleaning in this type of water.
Installing a water softener can solve the problem. They remove excess magnesium and calcium particles by replacing them with other ions, mostly sodium and potassium.
The Drain Team® carries a variety of water softeners that we can sell to you as well as install and service with a turnkey solution. We can help you size the correct system for your needs and make sure it is installed in a proper place. These are some of the considerations involved with choosing the right system and performing a proper installation:
- Water test of the grains of hardness
- Access to a 120V electrical outlet
- Approximately 3 feet by 3 feet of space
- Access to where water enters the house
- Access to a drain
We have provided professional plumbing service in the Tampa Bay area for over twenty years and have extensive experience with water softeners. If you have any questions or would like help choosing and installing a one for your home or business, call The Drain Team® today and we can come out to meet with you for a free estimate. 877-689-8851.